Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Valentines Day is coming! Let's send some Love out into the world!

 I love Valentines Day!  I loved it as a kid. . . I loved it as a teacher. . . and I love it as a mom!  So much fun!  I think random days thrown into the daily grind bring a reason to celebrate. And to be honest with you, some of you might be struggling to find that reason right now (which I totally understand!), and maybe this will help.  Maybe you just need to pin and and come back to it later.  

When the kids started school I was on the hunt for some not-so-expensive, not so sugar-y ways to send valentines that didn't scream cheap or full of sugar or ingredients that make a certain child of mine sick.  So, we got creative and came up with some really fun options that my kids were so excited about each year.  This year, I only have to come up with Valentines. . . because I the oldest is now in Jr. High and well, we all know how that is!  

So here's a rundown of my FREE (for you, because the goal is to keep the cost down) printables and directions for some really fun Valentines!  You can print them out on your printer, but I highly recommend spending the couple of dollars to get them printed over at Office Depot or Staples on 100lb cardstock.  The print quality is fantastic and the weight of the paper is perfect!

1.  Crayon Valentines (with alternative options): 

This is a great opportunity to recycle your old crayons and make them new again with a simple silicon mold.  Or you can just print out the tags and make a goodie bag with small boxes of crayons (the dollars store has 8 packs for super cheap!)

Click here to go to tutorial and printable. 


 These are also crayons using the lego mini figures ice cube tray.  Super fun and they were a huge hit.  other ways that you can use this printable are lego brick candies or party favors. . . just google lego party favors and you might find something.  If you are just using it for a few people, lego mini figure packs would be super fun! 

You can print them out here.

These are a different year. . . same idea and they might be one of my favorite printables to date!  Again, there are a lot of different ways you can use them. . . we just really like cutting up crayons. . . ha ha! 

You can get the printable here

2.  Glow Sticks

 I don't know about you, but glow sticks are always a hit in our house!  Check out these printables.  Other ways to adapt them are nail polish, bright glow in the dark pencils, markers, highlighters. . . so many possibilities! 

Click here for the original post

3.  You're a Star

These are technically crayons, but they can also be used for starbursts, star erasers. . . the possibilities are endless.  I did a quick amazon search "star party favors" and so many fun non candy items came up for pretty cheap.  You could totally get creative and have fun with this tag! 

click here for the original post

4.  Robots!!!

Robots are also a lot of fun.  I'm not going to lie. . . I really enjoyed using up old crayons when the kids were younger!  It was a lot of work, but I saved so much money!  However, I don't always have the time, so this one also has a ton of ideas. A quick amazon search for robot party favors brought up fun sticker packs, bendable robots, and wind up toys.  I even searched for robot erasers and pencils and there were some great options!

click here for original post 

5.  Harry Potter House Valentines

Got a older kid that wants to do some Harry Potter Valentines.  We picked up an ice cube tray at Williams Sonoma and made. . . you guessed it. . . CRAYONS!  However, don't let that stress you out.  Other options are so much fun.  Amazon brought up jelly beans, rubber bracelets, pencils, waterproof stickers.  There are so many options out there that you could find something super fun. . . without doing crayons. 

You can find the original post here

6.  Made Good Granola Bars Valentines

Back in 2020, before everything shut down, Weston really wanted to bring Made Good granola bars.  They have these cute small ones and that are so festive and so I designed a fun tag to go with them.  If you haven't heard about Made Good. . . they are basically your epic allergy friendly snack that is free of all the major allergy culprits.  It's a win in our house because its hard to find granola bars that don't have soy or dairy, but also have delicious chocolate in them.  You can also use any granola bar you want. . . we are just huge Made Good fans.  

You can go here to print

And that's a wrap of all the Valentines you can find on my blog.  For Free. Feel free to post yours in the gram and tag @jolieklassen or use the hashtag #outoftherightbrainblog so I can see how you used it!  

Now, I should probably get started on designing this years Valentines!  It's coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...