Wednesday, August 07, 2013

I think I am slightly incredibly obsessed with chocolate chip cookies.  I can't get enough of them.  My favorite time to eat them is when they are fresh out of the oven. . . oh, the soft and gooey deliciousness (seriously drooling now as I type this).  It may explain why I tend to freeze most of the cookie dough that I make so that we can have fresh-out-of-the-oven cookies at any time.  It may actually keep me from eating them all day, too.   It's a win-win.  
 I've never stayed at a Doubletree Hotel before.  They make cookies?  Hmmm. . . may need to consider it sometime.  They have a copycat recipe?  Are they really that good?  I think I am up for the challenge to try them out.  Yep!  Amazing!  I think you should try them.  Really. . . I do.  Add them to your collection of chocolate chip cookie recipes.  I did (and believe me, I have quite the collection of chocolate chip cookie recipes!).

This recipe was not like most of the other chocolate chip cookie recipes.  Nope.  This one was a bit different.  I had everything to make it.  All the ingredients were things I keep stocked in my kitchen.  I really had no excuse, which didn't really matter.  I was curious.  Lemon Juice?  Cinnamon?  These were so yummy. . . (I mentioned that, right?).

Before I go on. . . these cookies need to have some fridge time before baking.  I highly recommend doing the dough the night before you want to bake them or first thing in the morning.  However, it is REALLY hard to stay out of the dough.  Trust me!
Double Tree Chocolate Chip Cookies (Copycat)
Source: The little kitchen

Ingredients:
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup unsalted butter, softenend
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
2 large eggs
2 1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 cups chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts (I didn't add these)

Directions:

Pulse oatmeal in a food processor until semi fine.  I used my manual processor for this and it was perfect!  Set the oatmeal aside til later.

Add butter, both sugars, vanilla, and lemon juice to a large mixing bowl.  Cream together with an electric mixer.  Add eggs one at a time, until smooth.  Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl at least once.

Slowly add dry ingredients and and mix until combined.  These cookies shouldn't be overmixed.  Stir in chocolate chips.

Scoop cookie dough on properly lined baking sheet (I recommend a silpat).  Refrigerate the dough for at least 2 ours and then bake them. 

350 degrees for 14ish minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...