Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday goodness {chocolate Chip Cookies. . . again!}

It has been a great day. . . and it's not even over yet!  I firmly believe that Friday's generally go down that way.  I mean. . . Fun Friday is a must in my house!  This morning, Ethan went to school, the hubs stayed home with Weston and I went and got my hair chopped off and then I ventured over to Target for a kid-free visit.  My husband asked me if I was ever coming home.  I told him someday.  Seriously. . . Target may just be one of my happy places.  My happy place list kind of goes like this: Beach, San Francisco, Target.  I'm not going to lie. . . it's a peaceful place, especially when I am there without any kids! I know there are others out there who feel the same as me!  Let's stand strong!  

So in honor of it being Fun Friday, let me share this new favorite recipe that I found thanks to my good friend Pinterest.  I had pinned these awhile back and the recipe was pretty awesome since, it was the last week of the month. . . you know the week, you are just trying to survive (that's why I call it survivor week!).   I didn't have a ton of flour (I think I actually had to borrow a 1/4 cup from my friend), but I had a ton of whole wheat pastry flour!  These cookies also used a bit of coconut oil, which is very quickly becoming one of my new favorite ingredients!  Coconut oil has so many amazing health benefits that is it just seems to fitting to add them into America's favorite cookie!  My favorite thing is that my husband (who hates coconut) couldn't taste the coconut oil and ate these up so quickly!
Seriously, I wish we had some left.  If I wasn't about to leave for some more Friday fun, I would totally whip up a batch right now.  But, instead I am going to share it with you.  You could make them. . . and then share them with a good friend!  Remember my "be a blessing" challenge?  Have you blessed someone this week?  I sure hope so!!!!  Let's spread some love, joy, and maybe some cookies!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Coconut Oil Cookies
from Sugar and Grace

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup flour
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup quick oat
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions:
Cream together butter, oil, and sugar until smooth and combined.  Add eggs one at a time beating until smooth.  Add vanilla.  Then add, baking soda, powder, and salt.  Mix again.  Add in flour, mixing until just combined.  Scrape sides of the bowl and then add whole wheat pastry flour and repeat process.  Add in oats and chocolate chips and mix together until evenly combined.  Chill dough for about 20-30 minutes, while you preheat your oven to 350.  Use your cookie scoop or roll into balls and place on cookie sheet.  Bake for 9 minutes.  Let cool and then move to a cooling rack. . . our your mouth, whichever you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...