Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday Meanderings {St. Patrick's Day & a challenge}

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I hope that you all are having a fun day wearing green, eating corned beef and cabbage, and devouring as many chocolate coins that you can find!

St. Patrick's Day is pretty low key around here.  We wear green, do themed crafts, and go on with life.  But, the one thing I really like is that it provides the perfect excuse to treat teachers, aids, and friends to something special.  Yesterday's post kind of bummed me out, but then I did these for the teachers and I felt better.
Please excuse the cell phone picture at night time with really bad lighting. I used my SU set, It's a Wrap Holidays to wrap a few Hershey Nuggets.  I stamped it with garden green ink.   I used some chevron washi tape and punched out hexagons to make the tag.  Then I added a YUM with dimensionals (because chocolate is yummy!).  I thought they turned out super cute!  

I can't begin to express how much I am enjoying blessing my child's teacher.  In a time when there is a lot of complaining towards public schools, teachers, and common core, teachers are under so much stress.  I think little things like this are ways to plant seeds of joy and excitement into your child's teacher.  It is NOT an easy job (trust me, I know!), and often times the littlest bit of encouragement will go along way.  So, I challenge you to do one thing nice for your child's teacher (or someone you know) this week.  Post it to the FB page or use #outoftherightbrainteacherchallenge on instagram.  I would love to see what you are up to, maybe giveaway a prize, and do a readers spotlight as a blogpost.  So. . . start pinning and get crafty.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...