Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Random thoughts colored {pink and green}

I've got ten minutes until my husband comes home from work. I've got my toddler sitting in his high chair coloring Toy Story 3 pages, and I am sitting here. . . blogging. Kipper is going on in the background and cornbread is baking in the oven to go with our leftover soup. Today was one of those days when it was going to be a busy day and ended up surprising us with peace and quiet. . . my favorite kind of day!

I have come to the realization that my son (and most likely myself, too) cannot thrive on an incredibly busy schedule. We just do better if we have days where we are at home with minimal driving around. So, I am coming to appreciate those nice, quiet days even more than I used too. I have felt so busy lately that I have lost all motivation to finish organizing and nesting. . . man, I need to get some work done! So, tonight. . . I may just make myself a date with White Collar and spend some time organizing the office. . . I am sure that my husband will want the pile of papers out of the middle of the floor, right?

Last week, my husband needed a baby shower gift for a fellow co-worker who is expecting her first next month. At first, he was all for me making something, but I think he was slightly embarrassed to give a homemade gift to a co-worker. Probably, the cute bag and the fact that it was handmade . . . and being given by a man. I hope that's the reason anyway and not because he is actually embarrassed of the gift. . . if that's the case, please do tell me. . . and I will stop.

This is the gift bag I made. I used a white gift bag and cut a scalloped square with my Cricut and then stamped the same stamp using Green Galore and Positively Pink (Stampin' Up colors). I used my small corner punch on both the white and the Gable Green paper sandwiched between them.
This is a close up. . . I was very happy with the way it came out!
Inside the bag, were two burpies and a matching rattle. I used scraps that I had left over from previous projects to make these. I am love the color combinations and how the rattle turned out.
While I am on the subject of babies, I have some project that I am planning on working on. Any ideas of what I could make for baby #2. . . let me know. I think I have plenty of burpies and bibs from Ethan but what do you think I should make for baby boy #2?

1 comment:

  1. Homemade gifts are the best. I think most people really appreciate the extra effort.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...