Friday, January 21, 2011

Toddler Time: Snowman

It's January and we've been enjoying our California winter, by making some fun snowmen crafts. My two year old has had so much fun. We even read some snowman books that I had collected as a teacher (anytime you can add literacy to an activity is AWESOME!).

This is a fun activity that we did a few weeks ago, and Ethan is quite proud. He still comes up and points and says "noman" (his word for snowman).

Materials:

Egg carton (I used the cardboard kind, but if yours is white already, why paint it?)
white paint (If yours isn't white)
black, blue, yellow, and orange construction paper scraps
glue gun and stick
glue
pipe cleaner or 6 inch fabric scrap
googly eyes

Directions:

Day 1:
Have your child paint your snowman white. . . I had him finger paint it because he still hasn't quite got the hang of a paint brush.

Day 2:
Prep -
Glue it to your full sheet of construction paper with your glue gun.
Cut or draw out all the pieces your toddler will need to glue on. If your child is successful with scissors, go ahead and let them cut it out. I cut out all of the pieces for my 2 year old.

Craft Time -
Have your child glue on all the parts (see picture).
For the scarf, I just wrapped the pipe cleaner around the neck and tied it.

That's really all you have to do. Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...