Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blackberry Scones

This morning started out incredibly foggy. . . both weather wise and physically. Today marks the one month count down until my scheduled c-section. 90 percent of me is incredibly excited and the other 10 percent (maybe more?) is incredibly scared of the whole c-section procedure. Plus, I think I may be on the verge of coming down with a cold (NOOOO!!!!). I slept a lot yesterday. . . I mean a lot. . . more than my normal cat naps during Curious George and Sesame Street. I also woke up this morning feeling slightly congested. . . no fun. But my husband made me feel so much better when he surprised us and treated us out to In & Out for lunch (He must be a mind reader!) which was complimented with a nice cold, fizzy Coke. . . made me feel so much better. So, this afternoon while the the kiddo is sleeping and my husband is out helping his dad with some painting work, I am at home enjoying peace and quiet. . . clean dishes (I did those first), and baking some yummy treats that will soon be blogged about.

Costco has had some incredibly great deals on their fresh fruits. Even better you get a lot for your buck! Some of those fruits have been delicious blackberries. . . which are just so scrumptious to eat from the container. Ethan devours them like crazy, but oftentimes we just can't finish them up in time (mostly because after a few days we forget about them). This time, I had just enough to do some scones. . . and don't blackberry scones sound delicious? Well, these were absolutely incredible! Let me say, they didn't last long in this house.
I found this recipe after a slightly extensive Google search. . . I have mentioned that the world wide web is the greatest recipe book ever, right? This recipe was titled. . . THE BEST Blackberry Scones. . . so I couldn't resist making the best (plus, the reviews were great!).

The Best Blackberry Scones

3 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup butter
1 pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup fresh blackberries

:: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
:: Sift all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
:: Cut in butter. Then add buttermilk and berries.
:: Knead to form dough.
:: I don't make the traditional triangles. I patted my dough out onto a floured surface and cut out circles with my biscuit cutter and placed them on my cookie sheet.
:: I also brushed them with a wash of whole milk and sprinkled sugar sprinkles over the top.

I will definitely be making this again! They were awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...