Thursday, March 03, 2011

A little something for baby

I can't believe this week marked a month since our little Weston entered the world. This week also marked the week he was due. . crazy! Being a mom of two has definitely been more difficult than just having one, but it is still fun! Weston is just a cute little thing and Ethan is absolutely smitten with his little brother. Plus, being slightly crazy myself, I decided to take on potty training this week also. I am looking forward to getting more than 2 hours of sleep at a time, but at the same time the quite hours of the night with my little one and Numbers and Friends re-runs are kind of nice!
A month before our little guy entered the world, my friend Allison also had a little boy. I wanted to do something for her, but really wasn't feeling up to bring a meal, so I thought a delicious batch of chocolate chip cookies would be a nice treat. I also quickly sewed a giraffe and made a cute gift bag for the cookies.
I love the color combination of brown, orange, and baby blue. I used my cricket to make the flower, having it cut out a flower in 3 different sizes and colors. I attached them together with a brown brad for the center of the flower.
The cookies are my new favorites! In fact, they are so good, that they were gone before I could get them to her. So, I had to make another batch. . . darn! :)

You can find the recipe here. I promise you, they are amazing!
The giraffe is from a Lotta Jansdotter pattern and the fabric is Heather Ross.

I just uploaded a bunch of pictures so I hope to be on here more often now. . . we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...